Dental Exams and Cleanings in San Rafael, CA
To keep your teeth in mint condition, you need to brush and floss your teeth daily, as well as visit Dr. Peter Zahedi twice a year.
Why Dental Visits Matter
The ADA recommends visiting our highly trained dentist near you every six months. Regular exams and cleanings in San Rafael, CA, are essential in several ways.
- Timely and regular dental exams help improve your oral and overall wellbeing and prevent the need for costly treatment.
- Our skilled dentist can identify potential problems early when they are the most treatable.
- Regular dental checkups at San Rafael Dentistry reduce the risks of decay, cavities, and gum disease.
- Professional teeth cleaning eliminates plaque and tartar and removes unsightly stains from the tooth enamel.
- Patients can get oral cancer screening that helps in early detection.
Ignoring or postponing dental care often results in tedious and complicated treatments at a later stage. Exams and cleanings are a crucial component of preventive dentistry that can prevent problems from transforming into emergencies.
What to Expect during Exams and Cleanings near You
Exams and cleanings take roughly 60 to 90 minutes, depending on your oral health and dental needs. The procedure involves the following:
Our reliable dentist in San Rafael, CA, uses a probe and a small handheld mirror to check your oral cavity for decay, chipped, or broken teeth. If you’re a first-time patient, we may conduct a comprehensive exam of your teeth, gums, face, neck, and occlusion.
If our dentist suspects decay, we may take x-rays using the latest technology to reveal hidden problem spots. Low-radiation dental x-rays are safe and pain-free and help us determine the best course of treatment.
Gum Disease Screening
Gum disease can be as painful and uncomfortable as toothache and may lead to permanent tooth loss. Our dentist examines gum pockets and looks for redness, swelling, or tender spots.
Oral Cancer Screening
Oral cancer screening at San Rafael Dentistry takes just ten minutes. Dr. Peter Zahedi checks the oral cavity, neck, face for lesions, unusual discolorations, rough patches of raised tissue, masses, and lumps.